What is Affiliate Marketing?
AWeber’s affiliate marketing, basically, is receiving a commission from AWeber for every customer you bring in with them. Once the customer has made a purchase, you are then paid a commission from that sale.
Being part of their affiliate marketing strategy, your role with AWeber is to refer customers whom you think will have high chance of conversion or purchase from AWeber.When that purchase is made, you get a commission from AWeber.
Additionally, you also receive a commission from the same account every time that customer makes a purchase. And if the customer you referred is making steady payments to AWeber, you will be receiving commission for every payment that account makes. How great does that sound!
But how, you may ask?
The first step is to sign in to your AWeber Affiliate Account, with the affiliate ID and password which AWeber will provide upon signing up. From there, AWeber will provide you your affiliate URL which will stand as your official affiliate link to AWeber. Meaning, AWeber will use it to directly track your leads or affiliate sales. So take note, when someone clicks on that link and is taken to AWeber, they will know that it is you who referred them. This is where they also track the purchases of your referred customer from which you will earn.
According to AWeber, your affiliate URL can be placed anywhere you can write text or html. Some examples of places your affiliate URL can be placed are:
- Your Email Signature
- In the text of your website or blog
- Sent via chat or email message
- Behind a clickable image on your website
- As the affiliate link in a YouTube video
It simply works like this, for example AWeber has given you this link: https://www.aweber.com/000000. Once you get a hold of your own affiliate link, you can already start copying that URL and paste it into your website, newsletter, social media posts and whatnot. When people see that affiliate link, they can click on it and are directed to AWeber. If they purchase an Aweber account, you get commission for the sale.
Customizing Your AWeber Affiliate Link
You can also create your own subdomain from the affiliate link AWeber has given you. A custom subdomain allows you to change the appearance of your affiliate URL from something like the above URL to something like this: http://thisismywebsite.aweber.com
Customizing your AWeber URL will…
- AWeber affiliate link will match your website or business name.
- Provides a more legitimate and personal approach to your marketing.
- This also makes it much less confusing for your customers to identify and eventually click on.
Here’s how: To change your AWeber affiliate URL, log in to your affiliate account and click on “Customize link”. From there you can easily customize your link to reflect your specific product or service. By following this process, it is rest assured that when you create a custom subdomain, both the custom subdomain and the original AWeber affiliate URL will still credit your affiliate account for any sales.
Marketing as an Affiliate
AWeber also helps its affiliate market themselves to be able to let them gain or attract more customers and of course, purchases! AWeber supplies you with over 21 banners to choose from within your account for you to use in your website or blogs. But it isn’t perfect, and there may be an instance that their banner may not really matching the tone and color scheme of your blog or site.
If that’s the case, you should not limit yourself with their banners! Of course you can still create your own banner. Just create an image you want to use and make it a clickable anchor.
After that, you will then have a custom image that directs to your AWeber affiliate URL. As you can see, your AWeber Affiliate URL is more than just a static URL to be inserted into a page on your website.
Throughout this article, we will discuss more ways for you to become a more dedicated AWeber advocate or affiliate. So keep on reading!
Becoming an AWeber Advocate
There are still many more ways for you to successfully market or become an AWeber affiliate other than those we have already mentioned. Here are other things that we wish to add.
Post on Social Media
Social media is another path to AWeber Advocate success or to any marketing stunt! Easily you can post or share about AWeber’s features and services, and remember… just include your AWeber link in all the content you are going to post. Here are some posts sampled by AWeber:
Here are some examples of tweets:
- Hey fitness fans! Have you heard? AWeber now integrates with MINDBODY! [YourAdvocateLinkHere].
- Just got off the phone with Amanda from AWeber’s Customer Solutions team. I can’t thank her enough for helping me set up my first automated campaign. No wonder AWeber wins so many customer service awards! [YourAdvocateLinkHere]
- I was using a popular, “free” email service but it turns out a lot of my messages were never being delivered. AWeber solved that problem for me and still manages to charge less than the competition. #win [YourAdvocateLinkHere]
Write a Blog Post About Aweber
If you don’t have a blog, then you must think of having one! Writing blogs is one way ticket to becoming a successful AWeber advocate. There are various topics which you an write about AWeber such as personal stories, testominials, and et cetera.
Here are some topics you may want to explore that are recommendation by AWeber themselves. (Source: AWeber)
- How to easily create beautiful emails using AWeber’s hundreds of design templates. (Which one is your go-to template? Why do you like it?)
- How to quickly send a professional-looking email with the Drag-and-Drop Email Builder. (Add buttons, logos, blocks of text, images, links, and more!)
- How to check your email marketing analytics on-the-go with AWeber’s mobile Stats app. (What’s your favorite part of the app?)
- How AWeber’s award-winning Customer Solutions team is available 24/7 to answer any question. (What email marketing questions have the Customer Solutions team answered for you lately? Was there an obstacle they helped you overcome?)
- How AWeber’s new features — like one-click automation and segmentation — are changing the way you email your subscribers (How have your open rates or click-through rates improved?)
Other than these, you can also mention a third-party software integration. Some you can feature are these third-party software AWeber is currently connected with.
- Google Analytics
- Google Calendar
And hundreds more! Check them out here.
Advertise in Local Establishments
However, if you’re limited from creating your own blog, you just tap the nearest local business around you! These stores also need email marketing too which you can convert as AWeber’s customers. All you have to do is explain to them the value of email marketing to their businesses, promotions, or event invitations through an email service provider (AWeber).
If they’re already using another email service provider, we know you can still make your way in selling AWeber. Don’t lose hope! You can point out that many services cost more without actually offering more.
So what are you waiting for? Start earning with AWeber! Sign up now and apply these tactics!